Overview – Scope
The Integrative Research Group (IRG) deals with the management and estimation of greenhouse gas emissions within and across agricultural systems to achieve the GRA mission of lowering greenhouse gas emission intensity while achieving food security in the context of climate change.
The focus of activities include:
- Assessing soil carbon sequestration potential across spatial and temporal scales,
- Greenhouse Gas (GHG) interrelationships between crop and livestock production,
- Modelling GHG emissions and removals over farms, landscapes and regions,
- Technical and cost-competitive GHG mitigation potentials,
- Monitoring, reporting and verification of GHG abatement options,
- Improving national GHG inventories,
- Assessing strategies and policy options for mitigation and adaptation.