Book your accommodation here by 25th August 2017, and sign up for the social evening here at Knebworth House.
The 6th International Symposium on Soil Organic Matter (SOM2017), run jointly with the British Society of Soil Science, will be held from 3–7 September 2017 in Harpenden, UK.
Note that the Croplands Research Group’s 2017 meeting will be held alongside this event, and the Integrated Research Group is also planning an event at this time.
The title of the symposium 2017 is “Healthy soils for sustainable agriculture: the role of SOM” and focuses on the following topics:
• SOM and Soil Security
• Modelling SOM: from soil pore to climate change
• Methods 1: Visualising SOM
• Methods 2: Quantifying pools and fluxes of SOM
• Soil Health 1: Biological Interactions
• Soil Health 2: The Role of Decomposition
• SOM as Natural Capital
SOM2017 presents a great opportunity for international scientists to meet and exchange ideas and knowledge and novel technological approaches in this globally important field of research.
The following plenary speakers have confirmed their attendance:
• Prof Charles W. Rice (Kansas State University, USA)
• Prof Ingrid Kögel-Knaber (Technical University of Munich, Germany)
• Prof Richard Evershed (University of Bristol, UK)
• Prof Francesca Cotrufo (Colorado State University, USA)
• Prof Edward Gregorich (Agriculture and Agrifood Canada)
• Prof David Hopkins (Royal Agricultural University, UK)
• Prof Rattan Lal (The Ohio State University, USA)
A highlight of this year’s meeting is the venue: the Rothamsted Research in Harpenden, United Kingdom is the oldest agricultural research station in the world, home to the Long-term and Classical Experiments and Archive, and with a world-renowned legacy of excellence in soil science and SOM research.
For registration and abstract submission information, organisation and activities, visit www.som2017.org.