The first webinar of the series on “Addressing transparency in the agriculture and land use sectors” aims at increasing awareness and understanding of the Paris Agreement’s Enhanced transparency framework (ETF) and its modalities, procedures and guidelines (MPGs). It will also highlight relevant tools to support countries’ efforts to address transparency requirements.
Participants will have the chance to learn more about the FAO Global capacity-building towards enhanced transparency in the agriculture, forestry and other land use sector (CBIT-AFOLU) project’s activities; and join the Transparency in the agriculture and land use sectors network.
The main objectives of this webinar are to:
- highlight the importance of transparency and the way forward for implementing the Paris Agreement;
- present the GEF CBIT portfolio;
- introduce FAO’s work on transparency;
- present how FAO enhances transparency in the agriculture and land use sectors; and
- introduce the full package of the webinar series.
The main target audience of the first webinar includes the whole transparency community. The webinar will be recorded for further dissemination among transparency practitioners.