Our Partner, ISRIC: World Soil Information, is holding a course to introduce the methods and software for management, analysis and mapping of soil variables within the R environment for statistical computing. The course includes lectures and computer practicals and covers a variety of subjects, such as geostatistics, linear regression and machine learning for soil mapping, quantification of uncertainty and soil map validation. The course is aimed at soil geographers and environmental scientists who want to learn more about the theory and practice of digital soil mapping.
- Registrations are now open
- Deadline for Early-Bird registration: 19 February 2018
- Registration deadline for those who need an invitation letter for visa application: 12 March 2018
- Confirmation of participation: 15 March 2018
- Letter of invitation (for visa application): 19 March 2018
- Final programme of the Spring School: 14 May 2018
- Spring School: 28 May – 1 June 2018