Join this side event to the 49th Session of the Committee on World Food Security (#CFS49), on Thursday 14 October from 12:45 – 14:15 CEST, to hear about the role of innovation in delivering better outcomes for nutrition and climate action.
The event will explore how adaptation and mitigation to climate change in agriculture can measurably deliver on nutrition outcomes at individual households and higher levels. Speakers will discuss what innovations can assure climate-smart agriculture will also become nutrition-sensitive agriculture. Furthermore, the event will investigate in which ways multiple stages of food value chains can remain resilient in the face of climate change while contributing to positive dietary outcomes for nutrition and health.
The event is in support of #ClimateShot – a global campaign to transform agricultural innovation for people, nature and climate at COP26.
The side event is organized by:
– CGIAR Research Program on Climate Change, Agriculture and Food Security (CCAFS)
– Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO)
– UK Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office (FCDO)
– Global Alliance for Climate-Smart Agriculture (GACSA)
– Italy’s Ministry for Ecological Transition (MITE)
Further information here.