An opportunity for a Bio-economy Specialist has arisen in the Livestock Information, Sector Analysis and Policy Branch (AGAL) of the Food & Agriculture Organisation (FAO) in Rome. AGAL provides information services and carries out analysis in support of technical and policy interventions towards sustainable livestock sector, focussing on social, economic and environmental pillars.
Tasks and responsibilities:
- Provide expertise and support the implementation of FAO work on the sustainability of livestock production systems;
- Develop a strong research base delivering fundamental knowledge on the reduction of waste streams and utilization of nutrients and biomass in the livestock systems;
- Collect, research and analyses technical information for assessing the contribution of the livestock supply chains to the circular bio-economy;
- Identify the opportunities and challenges to implement the circular bio-economy concept in livestock production systems, considering heterogeneity between supply chains and regions;
- Evaluate the economic, social and environmental performance of livestock systems;
- Understand the role of policy actions in promoting the bio-economy including the review of existing initiatives and policies that promote circular bio-economy for livestock sector and identify the role of different stakeholders;
- Perform any other tasks as required.
- Advanced university degree in Agricultural Economics or Agricultural Sciences with emphasis on animal science, agro-technology
- At least 3-5 years of relevant experience in research on circular economy, sustainable food systems, environmental and socioeconomic assessments of food systems
- Working knowledge of English or French and limited knowledge of one of the other French or Spanish, Arabic, Chinese or Russian
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, visit the recruitment website at Jobs at FAO and complete your online profile. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Only applications received through the recruitment portal will be considered.
Vacancies will be removed from the recruitment portal at 23:59 Central European Time (CET) on the deadline for applications date. We encourage applicants to submit the application well before the deadline date.
If you need help, or have queries, please contact: [email protected]