Special Round of the NZ-GRADS – Complete a science PhD in New Zealand
New Zealand, in support of the Global Research Alliance on Agricultural Greenhouse Gases (GRA), is delighted to launch a Special Round of the New Zealand – Global Research Alliance Doctoral Scholarship (NZ-GRADS). For this Special Round, candidates will apply to one of the four pre-defined PhD projects available.
Available PhD projects:
- Assessing soil carbon changes associated with land management and land use change
- Long-term soil phosphorus fertiliser implications for soil nitrogen cycling and Greenhouse Gas emission.
- Plant and plant/microbiome traits impacting N2O emissions from soil
- Climate Neutral Farms (ClieNFarms)
If you are from a developing country (Monetary Fund Definition) and are ready to complete your PhD in Science, apply here to do it in New Zealand for free.
What is it?
NZ-GRADS is a PhD scholarship offered to science students from developing countries to complete their PhD at a New Zealand university.
The scholarship covers the following for a total of three years (36 months):
- New Zealand University annual tuition fees and associated student levies up to a total of $10,000 NZD per year
- An annual living stipend of $28,000 NZD per year (tax free)
- Medical insurance cover up to $700 NZD per year
- Visa application costs to a maximum of $1,000
- Return flights to New Zealand up to a maximum of $6,000
- Book and thesis preparation allowance of up to $1,500 (one-off)
What are the benefits?
- You can bring your family to live in New Zealand with you:
- Your partner or spouse will be able to apply for an open work visa for the duration of your studies.
- You will be able to enrol your children as domestic students in New Zealand’s free state schools.
- You will be studying at a top New Zealand University or Research Organisation.
- You will be actively supported through various extension and networking events hosted in New Zealand.
- You may be able to work alongside your studies, as PhD students studying in New Zealand usually have unlimited work rights.
- You will be supported when you arrive, as New Zealand is a very welcoming country and there are systems in place to help you and your family settle in. Read more about how communities in NZ will support you.
- You get to live in New Zealand! NZ is famous for its relaxed pace of life, unbeatable outdoor lifestyle and excellent work/life balance. We work hard but make time for family, friends and enjoying our beautiful environment.
Are you eligible?
To apply you must:
- Be from a developing country (as defined by the International Monetary Fund); and
- Have completed a Master-level qualification or the equivalent of a bachelor’s degree with honours in one of the following topics: agriculture, soil science, microbiology, genetics, environmental modelling, plant science, environmental chemistry/science, or other related fields.
Apply here – Applications close 30 September 2022, so apply now to ensure you don’t miss out.