Circular Food Systems Network – Call for project proposals
Closing date: November 15th 2022
In order to explore the potential of circular food systems (CFS) as a way to contribute to food security while reducing greenhouse gas emissions, the Integrative Research Group (IRG) of the Global Research Alliance (GRA) has taken the lead to setup a global CFS network, where knowledge on CFS can be shared, developed, and disseminated. The network aims to mobilise agricultural scientists working from the field to the regional level to explore circularity within agri-food systems.
We now invite you to submit a full project proposal to develop indicators to measure circularity at different levels of the food system. This proposal should be submitted on November 15th, 2022. The organising committee will select 2 or 3 project proposals (2x 150.000 € or 3x 100.000 €). Information about selection of the proposals can be expected around December 5th, 2022.
Criteria for funding proposal
- The scientific quality of the objectives, methodology, and expected indicators.
- Focus on applying indicators at different scales (e.g., product, farm, region) and evaluate trade-offs that may occur with indicator sets at different levels.
- Discuss how the indicators could be implemented and compare on available indicators for circularity (e.g., LUR, HDPR).
- Learn from the indicators, e.g., how indicators from circularity can be linked with others socio-economic and environmental benefits.
- Feasibility on performing the project from January 2023 to 31 December 2023.
- Demonstrate a system perspective.
- Link circularity to food security and GHG mitigation.
- Include a discussion on how the practices align with principles of circularity.
- Share knowledge with ERA-net projects.
- Collaboration between organizations and regional initiatives is encouraged.
Format of the proposal
The project proposal of max. 2500 words.
- Title of the project
- Project description: State of the art, objectives, methodology, activities, expected outputs
- Timeframe and budget
- Organisation of project
- Expected follow-up activities
Full project proposal should be submitted no later than November 15th, 2022, 10:00AM (CET), through: [email protected]
Read the full call document below: