CLIFF-GRADS 2020 Science Collaboration Series – Thematic Session on Soil Systems
The fifth and final thematic student session of the 2020 CLIFF-GRADS Science Collaboration series was held 20 October 2020. The topic was “Soil Systems” and was open to alumni of the CLIFF-GRADS programme.
The following CLIFF-GRADS Alumni shared and discussed their PhD research with their peers;
- Maria Eliza Turek of Brazil,
- Erick Rodrigo da Silva Santos of Brazil,
- Ricardo Cesário dos Santos of Brazil,
- Amahnui George Amenchwi of Cameroon,
- Antony Mlambo of Zimbabwe,
- Bethel Geremew Shefine of Ethiopia, and
- Chukwuebuka Christopher Okolo of Nigeria
Of interest to the participants were technologies and techniques for increasing carbon storage in soil to support climate change mitigation. Participants also discussed international research collaboration, including the challenges of data collection from multiple locations across the world and the potential utility of a global soil carbon map.
The session featured guest speaker, Dr. Ngonidzashe Chirinda, Soil and Climate Change Scientist, Mohammed VI Polytechnic University, Morocco.
Please listen to the recording for more!