Postdoc Opportunity in Argentina: INTEGRITY project
Closing date: 15 June 2022
Location: Balcarce Experimental Station (INTA), Argentina
The INTEGRITY project is offering a 1 year postdoc position.
We are looking for an enthusiastic postdoc to join our research group and work on measuring enteric methane emissions from cattle across different regions of Argentina. The candidate will be enrolled in an international project INTEGRITY, a European ERANET Circularity call funded by the Global Research Alliance on Agricultural Greenhouse Gases. The project aims to evaluate the impact on C circularity and GHG emissions of integrated crop-ruminant livestock systems with different feeding strategies. The candidate is expected to have:
- PhD in animal science or similar
- Knowledge of GHG emissions sources, measurement techniques, and ruminant nutrition
- The ability for cattle and farm management
- Good English communication skills
- Team worker and self-organized
- Availability to travel across the country and work in different agro-climatic regions
- Open-mind and easy to live in a developing country
- Basic Spanish and driving license preferable
Main responsibilities will be:
- Carry out experimental trials to measure enteric methane with different techniques
- Data collection and analysis
- Writing reports and publications
- Involve in teamwork, assisting undergraduate and graduate students
Contract: we are offering a 1-year contract. If the candidate meets our expectations, we have funding secured to extend the contract up to 3 years. Salary is at international standards and equivalent to an Argentinean senior research position. The candidate will be based at Balcarce Experimental Station of the National Institute of Agricultural Technology (INTA), Argentina.
How to apply: please, send your CV, covering letter expressing why you are interested, and at least one recommendation letter by June 15 2022 at the latest, and any questions regarding this position to [email protected] or [email protected]
Note: if you are a last year PhD student and you are interested to apply, please do not hesitate to do so. We will consider different situations.
Download the flyer here: