Job Opportunity: Mathematical Modeller
Closing Date: 17 September 2022
Location: The James Hutton Institute, Scotland
The James Hutton Institute are seeking a collaborative and motivated Mathematical Modeller, to join their Human & Ecological Modelling Group. You should have a Ph.D. in mathematical modelling/biogeochemical modelling with significant simulation modelling experience, facilitated by sound programming skills (e.g. Python, C, Matlab, R, etc.). You will work on a variety of major Scottish Government, NERC and Horizon Europe-funded research projects to understand how land management and climate change impact on carbon-rich landscapes and the contribution that land-based solutions may bring to the climate emergency.
Main Duties of Postholder:
The postholder will contribute to all aspects of the research cycle including research proposals, model development, analysis, and visualisation of model outputs, through to peer reviewed publications and approaches for knowledge exchange with non-academic audiences. Key activities include:
- Developing and running biogeochemical models, for a diverse range of applications in agriculture
- Data analysis, interpretation, and publication of model results
- Development of models and model protocols that align with Institute and funder open science initiatives
- To contribute to publication of research in highly ranked peer-reviewed journals
- To contribute to (inter)national funding proposals
- To collaborate with Hutton researchers on interdisciplinary research across multiple departments
For further information about the position, click HERE.