Now open for applications: Modelling, Measurement and Mitigation of the Environmental Impact of Livestock Production Systems
Applications are now open for the “Modelling, Measurement and Mitigation of the Environmental Impact of Livestock Production Systems” course being held in Zaragoza (Spain) from 12-16 December 2022. The closing date for applications is 23 October 2022.
Key reasons to attend this course:
- increase your understanding on how to estimate the environmental impact of different types of livestock farming systems and mitigation measures;
- know the sources and drivers controlling main emissions in livestock farming systems;
- improve skills on tools for modelling C, N and P emissions at farm/local/regional scale;
- learn different techniques to measure emissions in livestock farming systems;
- develop a critical perspective on mitigation strategies and their technical and economic feasibility.
- network with professionals from other countries and share knowledge on how to assess the environmental impact of different livestock production systems and strengthen cooperation to address current production and environmental issues.
The course is designed for professionals with a university degree, and oriented towards public and private planners and decision-makers, technical advisors, livestock producers, environmentalists and R&D professionals involved in the management of the environmental consequences of livestock farming in a context of climate change.
- 20 places will be available for face-to-face participation (lectures, practical works and technical visits)
- 30 places will be available for on-line participation (lectures).
Candidates from CIHEAM member countries, FAO member countries, and institutions of GRA member countries in Africa, Latin America and the Caribbean, and Asia may apply for scholarships covering registration fees. In some cases scholarships may cover the cost of travel and full board accommodation. If you wish to request a scholarship, please complete the relevant section when you make your online application to participate in the course.
Candidates from other countries who require financial support should apply directly to other national or international institutions.
For further information click HERE.