Open for applications: GHG assessment and mitigation in agriculture: concepts, methods and simulation tools
Applications are now open for the “Greenhouse gas assessment and mitigation in agriculture: concepts, methods and simulation tools” course being held in Zaragoza (Spain) from 16-20 October 2023. The closing date for applications is 19 July 2023.
Key reasons to attend this course
This course will provide knowledge on the processes underlying GHG emissions and soil C sinks, measuring methodologies and modelling tools in cropping systems. Methods for national GHG inventories and mitigation options analysis will be presented and practical work will be organized based on real case studies.
At the end of the course participants will have:
- knowledge of the international reporting processes of GHG emissions and C removal from agriculture;
- better understanding of the sources and drivers controlling GHG emissions and carbon sequestration in cropping systems;
- an overview of state-of-the-art methods for measuring GHG emissions and soil C changes;
- insights on the technical aspects on direct and indirect GHG mitigation strategies;
- criteria for designing and improving national inventories;
- improved skills in the use of simulation models and tools for estimating GHG emissions and soil C changes at different scales;
- a holistic view of available tools to support informed decision making;
- a comprehensive vision of the challenges and opportunities of C farming.
The course is designed for professionals with a university degree, and is specially oriented towards public and private planners and decision-makers, technical advisors, agronomists, environmentalists and R&D professionals involved in the management of the environmental effects of agriculture in a context of climate change.
- 25 places will be available for face-to-face participation (lectures, practical work and debates).
- 30 places will be available for online participation (lectures and debates).
Knowledge of English and Spanish will be valued in the selection of candidates, since they will be the working languages of the course. The Organization will provide simultaneous interpretation of the lectures in these two languages.
Candidates from Mediterranean CIHEAM member countries, GRA member countries in Africa, Latin America and the Caribbean, may apply during the registration process for scholarships covering registration fees and for scholarships covering the cost of travel and full board accommodation in Zaragoza.
Candidates from ASEAN countries, may apply during the registration process for scholarships covering registration fees for online participation.
Candidates from other countries who require financial support should apply directly to other national or international institutions.
For further information click HERE.