Postdoctoral Fellowship – Biogeochemical Modelling in integrated crop-livestock systems
The successful candidate will parameterize, test and apply biogeochemical model simulations in a crop-livestock environment considering coupled carbon-nitrogen cycles at local and regional scales. The successful candidate will parameterize existing process-based models with infield measurements data at an experimental farm located in Caiuá, SP-Brazil. This position is located at the Interdisciplinary Center for Energy Planning – NIPE/UNICAMP in Campinas, Brazil.
- A PhD in earth system science, ecophysiology, agronomy or related discipline.
- Previous experience in process-based modelling of soils, vegetation growth or similar complex models, confirmed by publications in this subject area.
- Working knowledge and experience on coding languages C++, R, etc.
- Minimum qualifications include a demonstrated ability to publish peer-reviewed papers, effective oral communication skills, and to work well in a collaborative team environment.
- Knowledge on GitHub platform will be a bonus.
- Experience with analysis of remotely sensed data will be a bonus.
- Strong interpersonal skills and adequate fluency in English will be a bonus.
- Full-time work, 1 year, starting in March 2020, with the possibility of an extension.
You can read more about this position and application process here