Senior Scientist Opportunity in New Zealand
NZAGRC Senior Scientist – AgResearch
An opportunity has opened for an experienced and passionate scientist to join the New Zealand Agricultural Greenhouse Gas Research Centre (NZAGRC).
The role requires monitoring New Zealand’s science input into the Global Research Alliance and providing underpinning advice on collaborative research between New Zealand and international scientists from a range of disciplines. This will include overseeing the administration of large integrated research programmes. You will provide the NZAGRC with advice and leadership in climate change research.
- Assess quality and delivery of science inputs against programme milestones
- Assist in the development of a new, collaborative research programme
- Provide underpinning knowledge on climate change and climate change policy
- Compile written science recommendations suitable for policy audiences
- Ensure research contracted by the NZAGRC is of the highest standards
- Establish sound working relations and collaboration between key stakeholders
Ideal candidate background
- PhD degree in a climate change related discipline with particular emphasis on agricultural greenhouse gas mitigation
- Proven track record of research and development in agriculture
- Experience in negotiation, administration and monitoring of research contracts and research outputs
- Working knowledge of evidence informed policy establishment
- Knowledge and interest in New Zealand pastoral agriculture industries
AgResearch provide a diverse range of benefits including flexible working options that help our staff balance their own lifestyle and needs with their work commitments.
For a confidential discussion contact Harry Clark, NZAGRC Director on 06 351 8334
See here for more information and to apply. Applications close 5pm, Thursday 14 June 2018