Specialist in Ruminant Microbiome at Nestlé Institute Agricultural Sciences
Location: Nestlé Research, Lausanne, Switzerland
Company: Société des Produits Nestlé S.A.
Act. Rate: Full-Time Act. Rate 100%
Type of contract: Permanent
Position Level: H4
The recruitment will be entirely driven by the fit between the individual competencies and the requirements of the job. Each candidate whose skills match best the requirements of the role will be considered
What we offer at Nestlé
Genuine opportunities for career and personal development
Modern “smart office” locations providing agile & collaborative workspaces
Dynamic international working environment
Attractive additional benefits
Nestlé Research is based in Lausanne, Switzerland, employs approximately 1000 people and is comprised of five Nestlé Institutes: Material Sciences, Health Sciences, Food Safety & Analytical Sciences, Packaging Sciences, and Agricultural Sciences. Please have a tour of our facilities using this link or read more about Nestlé Research at our website. Please follow us on Nestlé R&D on LinkedIn.
As an Associate Specialist in Ruminant Microbiome, you will be part of Animal Sciences group, where you will study greenhouse gas emissions originating from ruminal microbiota and application in dietary mitigation of enteric methane production.
Learn more about the Nestlé Institute of Agricultural Sciences here: Nestlé Institute of Agricultural Sciences
We offer a dynamic, inclusive, and international working environment with many opportunities across different companies, functions, and regions. Don’t miss the opportunity to join us and work with different teams in an agile and diverse context.
A Day in the Life of an Associate Specialist in Ruminant Microbiome
- Autonomously manage & coordinate research activities
- Develop and implement innovative and competitive concepts based on ruminant metabolic activity
- Generate, analyze, and interpret microbiome multi-omics data to investigate the ruminant microbial ecosystem
- Strengthen the internal and external scientific network in line with assigned projects
- Translate scientific knowledge to product innovation and application
- Contribute to peer reviewed scientific publications, scientific communications, and patents
- Actively monitor relevant external partners (academic and industry) and support in selection and set up of strategic relationships when relevant
What will make you successful
- Master’s degree in animal sciences
- strong scientific expertise in microbiome
- Minimum 3 years of experience in rumen microbiome and research to reduce methanogenesis
- Experience in analyzing and integrating microbiome-based data
- Working experience in relevant in-vitro and ex-vivo models is a plus
- Creative, dynamic and willing to learn
- Result focus, quick and effective
- Excellent communication skills, team spirit, and open mindset
- Fluent in English both written and spoken, any other language a plus
At Nestlé, we want to help shape a better and healthier world, inspire people to live healthier lives and deliver impact at a scale and pace that makes a difference. We do this by fostering a diverse, friendly, supportive, and collaborative environment, that creates positive disruption, embraces innovation, and empowers people and teams to win.
We aim to hire friendly, respectful, inspiring people who care about the people’s lives that we touch every single day.
Be a force for good. Join Nestlé and visit us on www.nestle.com.
If someone in your team, or your network would be interested in this position, please contact Elodie Soussan: [email protected]