To receive our latest news, event details and publications directly.
Course 2 – Introduction to International GHG obligations
This course introduces the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC) and the international agreements and reporting requirements under it. It is expected that students understand the material covered in Course 1.
🕒 This course will take 60-90 minutes to complete
🎧 Some lessons include audio
Upon completion of this course, you will:
- be familiar with abbreviations used regularly in relation to climate change and greenhouse gas reporting;
- understand the main objectives of the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC), the Kyoto Protocol and the Paris Agreement and how they relate to international climate change negotiations;
- understand the reporting requirements for both developed and developing countries and which agreements these requirements are mandated under;
- understand how the review process works for UNFCCC greenhouse gas reports; and
- be able to summarise what the main country measures are as required under the UNFCCC and subsequent agreements.