Flagship Project Webinar Series: Session 1, October 2022
The first session of the GRA Flagship Project webinar series was held on 11 October 2022.
GRA Flagship Projects develop new knowledge to better understand agricultural greenhouse gases, have global relevance and applicability and generate high scientific impact.
This session introduced the following two Flagship Projects:
- Technical guidelines to develop feed additives to reduce enteric methane
- Flagship Goal: To accelerate the development and use of feed additives to reduce global enteric methane emissions from livestock.
- Presented by: Dr. David R. Yáñez-Ruiz, Consejo Superior de Investigaciones Científicas (CSIC), Spain (email here)
- Economics of GHG mitigation at farm level in global cattle production systems (EMiFa)
- Flagship Goal: To identify the most cost-effective options for farm level GHG mitigation strategies in different global production systems and provide evidence-based policy recommendations.
- Presented by: Dr. Claus Deblitz, Thünen Institute of Farm Economics, Germany (email here)
The session was chaired by Dr. Harry Clark (NZAGRC, New Zealand) and each presentation was followed by time for Q&A.
The GRA is working collaboratively, bringing together researchers from all over the world, to deliver its Flagship Projects. These key priority projects have been identified as uniquely suited to the research expertise and global membership of the GRA. Flagship Projects are specific, time-bound projects that have been approved by the GRA Council. They are led by a community of experts within the GRA membership.
Presentations, and a summary of written responses to selected questions which were not answered live, can be downloaded to the right.