Flagship Project Webinar Series: Session 2, November 2022
The second session of the GRA Flagship Project webinar series was held on 3 November 2022.
GRA Flagship Projects develop new knowledge to better understand agricultural greenhouse gases, have global relevance and applicability and generate high scientific impact.
This session introduced the following two Flagship Projects:
- Development of context-specific emissions factors from the application of nitrogenous fertilisers
- Flagship Goal: To encourage global efforts to reduce GHG emissions from nitrogenous fertiliser by enabling its usage to be more accurately reflected in national level GHG accounting.
- Presented by: Dr. Marta Alfaro, Instituto de Investigaciones Agropecuarias (INIA), Chile (email here)
- Evaluation of mitigation and adaptation co-benefits of agricultural GHG emission reduction strategies over time
- Flagship Goal: To develop and apply new protocol-based methods for providing national decision-makers with evidence-based knowledge to ensure agricultural mitigation strategies have lasting impact.
- Presented by: Erik Mencos, Columbia University Climate School, USA (email here)
The session was chaired by Dr. Harry Clark (NZAGRC, New Zealand) and each presentation was followed by time for Q&A.
The GRA is working collaboratively, bringing together researchers from all over the world, to deliver its Flagship Projects. These key priority projects have been identified as uniquely suited to the research expertise and global membership of the GRA. Flagship Projects are specific, time-bound projects that have been approved by the GRA Council. They are led by a community of experts within the GRA membership.
Presentations can be downloaded to the right.