Call for Applications CLIFF-GRADS Scholarship 2019 Round One
We are pleased to announce that the third round of the CLIFF-GRADS programme is now open!
The Global Research Alliance on Agricultural Greenhouse Gases (GRA) and the CGIAR Research Programme on Climate Change, Agriculture and Food Security (CCAFS) are pleased to announce that the third round of the CLIFF-GRADS programme is now open!
Thirty-four exciting research opportunities in livestock, soil, rice and agroforestry are available this round.
Students from developing countries currently enrolled in PhD programmes are invited to apply for short-term scientific training and research stays on topics related to the measurement and management of greenhouse gas emissions and carbon storage in agricultural systems.
Selected students will be sponsored from 10,000-12,000 USD for the short-term (4-6 months) research stays advertised in this call. The grants will be used to support living and research costs at the host institution. Grants may not be used for tuition or unrelated personal expenses.
Read More and Apply:
Click here to view the list of available research opportunities and to read more about the application process.
Interested applicants should note the following information:
1. Applicants must be currently enrolled PhD students in a field related to quantification of greenhouse gas emissions or carbon sequestration in agricultural systems.
2. Applicants must be students from a developing country.
3. Previous CLIFF-GRADS are not eligible to apply.
Submission and process for selection:
1. The deadline for applications is September 30, 2019.
2. Applicants must complete the online CLIFF-GRADS Round 3 Survey, which can be found here.
3. Applicants must email a single PDF document containing their curriculum vitae (CV), motivation letter, and a letter of support from their current supervisor to [email protected]
Applicants will be selected based on the following criteria:
1. Overall research qualifications
2. Relevance of thesis topic or other research experience to the research opportunity to which you are applying
3. Clear description of how the CLIFF-GRADS experience will improve your scientific capacity.
CLIFF-GRADS is a joint initiative of the CGIAR Research Program on Climate Change, Agriculture and Food Security (CCAFS) Low Emissions Development Flagship and the Global Research Alliance on Agricultural Greenhouse Gases (GRA). CLIFF-GRADS aims to build the capability of early career agricultural students in developing countries to conduct applied research on climate change mitigation in agriculture. Research projects are hosted by CCAFS and GRA members and partners. Funding for CLIFF-GRADS is provided by the Government of New Zealand, USAID and by the CGIAR Trust Fund and bilateral agreements in support of CCAFS.
For any questions regarding the CLIFF-GRADS scholarship programme, please email: [email protected]
Read more about CCAFS
Please note that this call for applications is now closed. Keep an eye on the website for future calls if you missed the deadline for this round of the CLIFF-GRADS scholarship programme.