Landscape Management of Agricultural Systems Network
Delineating a knowledge framework for understanding the spatial and temporal aspects of soil carbon sequestration and greenhouse gas emissions in diverse agricultural landscapes.
The n Landscape Management of Agricultural Systems Network is a network of the Croplands Research Group of the Global Research Alliance.
The network aims to develop management decision tools for reducing greenhouse gas emissions at the landscape level. This model based tool could explore management strategies at the landscape and catchment scale, using various models and different scales. The area that the Network intends to cover includes:
- Developing effective decision support tools.
- Validating models.
- Testing available tools.
- Compare and validate different models – comparing one catchment from China and one from France and then further develop the models.
- Create a demonstration tool – for the farm and catchment scale.
- Develop a proposal for a joint project
- Align future activities with the Integrative Research Group.